Many of the patients who received an IVC filter implant and consequently were subjected to serious, life threatening complications must now face filing a lawsuit against the devices manufacturers. The first of these lawsuits were filed in 2010 with their number increasing every year. The devices have been reported to cause major complications with some of the most prominent including organ perforation, device migration, device fracture, and at times even death.
Top Five Reasons Why You Should File An IVC Filter Lawsuit
- Your medical expenses continue to increase.Complications such as organ perforation and device migration are serious and require immediate medical attention. In some cases, immediate surgery is required to remove the device, and extended hospital stays are often associated with these procedures. This can be extraordinarily costly. If you are not covered by insurance, or have large co-pays, you will want to recoup your expenses from the device manufacturer.
- You have missed work due to complications arising from your IVC filter. Loss of income and earnings is a large problem for anyone suffering from medical complications. IVC filter settlements will include reimbursement for the wages you lost while on leave from work. Also included in the settlement is payment for the loss of future earnings if you are unable to return to work. In cases involving death, the surviving family members may be able to assert a claim for their loss of financial support.
- You have suffered through extreme pain. IVC filter complications are dangerous, and can result in immense physical pain. An IVC filter lawsuit can compensate you for your pain and suffering.
- It is a simple process. Really! A common misconception is that drug and device lawsuits are complicated and require a large effort on your part to file. This is not true. Simply call us, tell us your story, and we will do all the work obtaining your medical records, pharmacy records, and filing the lawsuit itself. We handle everything from start to finish for you.
- It will cost you nothing. There are no legal fees at all to speak with us and file your lawsuit. We will pay for all court costs and related expenses for your case. You will only be responsible for attorney fees once you have received your settlement check. If your case is unsuccessful for any reason, you will owe us nothing.
File Your IVC Filter Migration Lawsuit
If you or a loved one have suffered complications due to an IVC filter implant, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit against the makers of the device. It is important to contact an attorney right away if you believe this to be the case, as there are specific deadlines that must be met in order to file a lawsuit. If you miss your specific deadline, you case will not be able to be tried.
Our IVC Filter Lawyers Can Help You
Our defective medical device attorneys can help if you or someone you care about was harmed by an IVC filter. Lawsuits have been filed against the device makers by both patients and their families seeking compensation for injuries caused. You may be entitled to a settlement.
No Fee Unless You Win an IVC Filter Settlement
You can afford to have our great team of lawyers on your side. We promise you in writing:
- No money to start your claim
- No money to pay case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free
Start Your IVC Filter Lawsuit
To contact our IVC filter lawsuit lawyers now, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-4722 any time of day to tell us about your case.